Nagpunta ako sa Plato nuong Friday for a quick booze before I went to QC where I had planned to spend my weekend. Habang ako ay umiinom, di ko mapigilang tignan ang buong lugar. The place has undeniably changed. The interiors and the people were no longer familiar. Pinagdmasdan kong mabuti ang bawat detalye, pati ang mga tao, yung mga d ko kilala pati na din ang mga kasama ko. Lahat nga talaga iba na. Ultimo ang iniinom nmin. Wala na ang happy horse. Then I turned to look at myself, Sakin kaya anong nagbago?
Napangiti ako. Naisip ko. Wala. Cute pa din ako. That's definitely gonna be one thing as constant as change.
Ito ang unang beses na ako ay gumamit ng tagalog sa aking pagsulat and as you can see I suck at it. Puro kalokohan ang naiisip ko. Ito na yata ang pinaka walang kwentang blog entry na nagawa ko.:D
Back in the days.
"A friend took me to the most amazing place the other day. It's called the Augusteum. Octavian Augustus built it to house his remains. When the barbarians came they trashed it a long with everything else. The great Augustus, Rome's first true great emperor. How could he have imagined that Rome, the whole world as far as he was concerned, would be in ruins. It's one of the quietest, loneliest places in Rome. The city has grown up around it over the centuries. It feels like a precious wound, a heartbreak you won't let go of because it hurts too good. We all want things to stay the same. Settle for living in misery because we're afraid of change, of things crumbling to ruins. Then I looked at around to this place, at the chaos it has endured - the way it has been adapted, burned, pillaged and found a way to build itself back up again. And I was reassured, maybe my life hasn't been so chaotic, it's just the world that is, and the real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation." --Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert




No comments:
Post a Comment