
Wednesday. After finishing my errands and eating my first meal of the day at Nitz at around past three in the afternoon, I went straight to the salon to get my hair colored. After clearly explaining to the stylist the color that I want (I even showed her a picture just to be sure) and after more than 4 hours, the stylist together with the salon owner herself was able to turn my hair into intense light blonde. A color absolutely far from the color that I wanted. I now look like a woman version of Dennis Rodman but what the heck? It's just about time to try something new. Imagine the horror when my dad saw it for the first time. He said "No one would take you seriously because of your hair." In my mind I was thinking "Perfect."
Thursday. I spent almost the whole day cleaning our room in the dorm. I believe it's a good thing to do since it's Chinese New Year. Out with the dirt and make room for everything fresh and new. Then at around 7:00 I decided to go to Starbucks to catch up on my reading. I ended up meeting my bff. We talked about a lot of things. For some reason I've been trying to avoid having serious conversations lately but I'm really glad that we had that talk that night. It felt good that I was able to answer her questions and she said some things that really meant a lot. Plus the Sbucks girl (I don't know what to call her) kept on bringing coffee samplers for us to try from brewed to peppermint chai tea. It was one hell of a coffee party. Time just flew by.
Friday. I finally went home to QC to spend some quality time with my family. I spent the afternoon watching Ded na si Lolo. To my surprise the movie turned out to be a really good one. I learned a lot about Filipino traditions when it comes to people dying and about death itself. The movie was also freakin' hilarious. The rest of the day I just ate and slept. Much like a pig. Well you don't call it vacation for nothing.
Saturday. My dad had a lot of paperworks to do and didn't want to be distracted so he gave me and my sister some money and sent us out to walk around the subdivision. He gave us clear instructions on where to go which ofcourse we didn't follow. While on our way to the place where we can buy tons of street food, my sister and I practiced on what to answer when asked about where we went. We thought of different adjectives that would fit each place. "Ang laki pala nung school. Ang linis linis." "Ang gaganda nung mga plato sa shop ang mumura pa." I was able to go to two places max, we ate a lot then went home. The story that we prepared for my dad was different sort of like an adventure. At night time, my family insisted on playing their all time favorite game. Scrabble. I was really tired of always winning but I played just for the heck of it. I was so chillax all through out the game until my mom started cheating. She clearly did something with the scores and chose the letters she'll pick. My sister and I were so pissed that when she formed the word rat we insisted that there is no such word. We were so firm about it that at one point my mom even doubted if there really is such a word. It was so funny.
I just love my family.
Sunday. Before going back to Manila, my family and I attended the mass. At past 5 I was already back at my dorm. Kat arrived from work at around 11:00. We spent the rest of the night talking about how each of us spent our own vacation. We bought a huge bottle of soda, cooked cheesesticks then hang out at our favorite spot in the dorm. I have to say that it was a perfect way to end this very long vacation.
January is done and done. February is about to start and I'm already looking forward to lotsa things. Aside from my hair color, me being excited about things again is absolutely something new.:)


No comments:
Post a Comment